- These are offered to any child attending Le Page Primary School, in Cheltenham. These scholarships include group lessons in violin, viola, 'cello, or double bass. They also include membership to the Australian Children's Chorus, and the Australian Children's Drum Corps, if desired.
- Students have access to some of the world's best teaching methodologies, while also having the opportunity to earn internationally benchmarked awards.
- Students also take music classes at the school and learn all about Guitar, Graded Theory, Singing, and Drumming. After hours they have access to the Chorus, Drum Corps, and Orchestra Training.
- The entire program is a full scholarship; it includes all academic classes, music classes, and extra-curricular music tuition. It is free to all students attending Le Page PS.
- Concerts are held regularly and students participate in the GAIN Music Leadership Program as well as the Leader in Me program conducted by the school.
- Le Page Primary School prizes the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" to promote school values and philosophy.
- In the first instance, contact us and simply mention that you are interested in this music scholarship, and arrangements to meet with the School's Principal will follow.
- CHORUS 2 3.30 - 4.15 pm
- CHORUS 1 4.15 - 5.00 pm
- BEGINNER 1.30 - 2.30 pm
- ELEMENTARY 1.30 - 2.30 pm
- INTERMEDIATE 2.30 - 4.00 pm
Requirements: A display folder for songs.
- For the Chorus class work will include learning some music theory and learning the songs (by memory via listening to the music, and having the words read to them). They will also learn movement to music along with a game or two. As they progress they learn drama and some dance steps.
- Parents can support their classwork by reading a song to their child and playing the recording and perhaps singing along, too!. Your child will come to love this singing session with you, I am sure!
- We have concerts at the end of every term, awards for the kids to earn, and lots of fun all along the way. Le Page students can also learn a string instrument, a violin, a viola, a 'cello, or even a double bass and it's all free!